Did you know…?
On property values
- The world’s real estate is worth US$280.6 trillion: on average 3.5 times GDP and significantly more so in Europe, China / Hong Kong and North America.
- In the UK, the total stock of property assets has grown at an average rate of 6.1% over 30 years – close to double the rate of inflation.
On new homes
- 87% of new buyers would ‘recommend their builder to a friend’; over 90% of those who bought a new build home would buy new again and 86% were satisfied with the quality of their new home.
On property companies’ reputations
- A significant proportion of a company’s value – around 28% – is accounted for by its reputation.
On online comms
- In the last two years alone 90 per cent of the current data in the world has been generated.
- It has been predicted that video will account for over 80% of all internet traffic by 2021
On property PR
- Of the UK PR and communications industry (which is worth £14.9bn and employs more than 95,000 people) approximately 17% now work in property and construction
On PR working practices
- 18% of PR professionals work for consultancies, whereas 82% are based in-house.
- Only 8% of the PR consultants questioned now meet journalists face-to-face, while a third use social media to contact journalists.
- 34% of PRs say that journalists are less important to them because of social media.
This and many more facts and included (together with their sources) in Promoting Property: insight, experience and best practice, published by Routledge on 30 April.