CommunitiesOnline is a unique web-based approach to community relations during construction which enables us to provide a community relations service which takes the day-to-day responsibility for local resident communication off the shoulders of the contractor, in a way that is time (and therefore cost) efficient.
Costing as little as £100 per month, our websites are a great way to communicate positive and interesting information about the scheme – such as information about sustainable features, time lapse photography and information on timing. You might also wish to include information about your company’s apprentice scheme, your commitment to using local workers or your charitable / community work.
Very importantly, in-built databases enable us to collate contact information for (and communicate with) residents who want to receive regular updates on the progress on site and those who are interested in buying or letting a property.
Starting work on site is a great time to make contact with the local community, gain their support and put in place an efficient method of ongoing communication.
A CommunitiesOnline website and ongoing community liaison service provides the essential tools and more. Typical content for a comprehensive bespoke CommunitiesOnline website is as follows:
- Home Page – an introduction to the work being carried out on site with links to key pages – view screenshot
- About the Scheme – an introduction to the proposals, which can include a timeline, interactive Google maps and Frequently Asked Questions (to which respondents may contribute) – view screenshot
- Construction update –regular updates regarding activity on site – view screenshot
- Media Gallery – video, image and audio files – view screenshot
- The Team – an introduction to the team with hyperlinks to each organisation’s own website as appropriate. Links which demonstrate environmental awareness, commitment to using local workers and apprenticeship schemes can be very beneficial during construction – view screenshot
- Planning – the planning consent document and Construction Management Plan may be uploaded – view screenshot
- Useful information – links to resources which will be of interest to local residents; perhaps a link to the Considerate Constructors Scheme – view screenshot
- Contact Us – our contact details (downloadable as Vcards) and the opportunity for residents to sign up to regular news updates. We can provide a separate channel to enable people to get in touch regarding jobs or providing services, or provide an opportunity for individuals to get together to form a community association – view screenshot
- A list of Quick Links on each page, which guide the user to relevant pages elsewhere on the website
All of our products are flexible and can be adapted to suit your needs. But most importantly, the website and ongoing engagement process are managed by us, allowing you to focus on development.
If you’d like to discuss the service please contact us. There’s also more information about CommunitiesOnline in our blog and you might also be interested to read comment on the subject of community relations by Penny Norton in Construction Manager, Facilites Management, Housebuilder & Developer and Building4Education.